Chess Torunaments - CYCC Qualifiers Jan-29-2023 Standings
GEMS National Youth Chess Championship (CYCC) Qualifiers
We organize a variety of chess tournaments but one of our biggest is the Canadian youth Chess Championship qualifiers. All the tournaments get organized professionally through GEMS Learning Institute. Players achieving a score of 1.5 or better in the tournament will qualify to participate in the CYCC – Canadian Youth Chess Championship 2023. Proper pairing software’s gets used and presence of arbiter is considered must. Children from all over Ontario come to play these chess tournaments between the age of 4 and 16. All games are CFC rated. All Skills are welcome.
GEMS Junior Chess Championship
GJCC - Feb 25, 2023
This is a GRAND Chess Tournament for our Junior chess players played as Grade wise sections. Any kid and every kid who knows how to play a basic game is welcome to participate. There will be 5 rounds. Winners will be announced same day.
- All games are CFC rated.
- Any kids can play regardless of their chess level skills. It’s good for fun as well as practice for the game.
Sections: Grade wise
- Grade JK to 2, Grade 3&4, Grade 5&6, Grade 7&8, Grade
- 9&10, Grade 11&12. Sections with fewer than 12 players may be combined. Girls can choose to play in open or girl section if any.
Format and schedule:
- 5 round Swiss pairings. Time controls: 30 minutes per player.
- Reporting Time: 9:00am
- Opening Ceremony 9:30am
- Round start time: 10:00am, 11:00am, 12:00am, 1:30pm, 2:30pm Break 1:00 to 1:30pm)
- Award Ceremony: 4:00pm
Venue: Clarke Memorial Hall 161 Lakeshore Rd W,Mississauga ON L5H 1G3
We are very passionate about teaching chess to our youth and have several prizes to be awarded to encourage junior chess players.
- All players who played in Jan 29th tournament will receive a $5 gift certificate or a $5 coupon if the discount has not applied already on Feb 25th tournament.
- All participants will receive a participation certificate.
- Early bird registration discount, when register by Jan 10th.
- All players with 3 wins minimum will receive a Medal. Not to be combined with top 3 positions.
- Trophies for each section for top 3 players, after tie-breaks.